Extreame Savings Item! Save 41% on the Vietnam Tourism by Brand: Routledge at Hanoi PE. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Explore the travel/tourism possibilities of this exotic yet tourist-friendly countryVietnam Tourism presents a unique ethnographic-semiotic analysis
Vietnam Tourism presents a unique ethnographic-semiotic analysis of some of the most important touristic icons in Vietnamese culture. In addition, it offers a firsthand analysis of many aspects of daily life in Vietnam and a semiotic analysis of Vietnam’s dominant cultural symbols. A twelve-page photo section brings vibrant images of this unique country to life.
Vietnam Tourism also presents an essential overview of what Vietnam has to offer tourists, looking at the exciting possibilitiesand the potential pitfallsof visiting this extraordinary country. Although Vietnam is a Third World country, it has excellent tourism companies and many wonderful sitesfrom Halong Bay and Hue to extraordinary temples and beautiful beaches. The book paints a vivid portrait of this country’s hidden gems and popular tourist destinations, exploring the problems and possibilities Vietnam faces in developing its tourism industry.
In Vietnam Tourism, you’ll find information that is essential for anyone who needs to be in the know about this increasingly popular tourist destination. This reader-friendly book will leave you better informed about:
- the rapid construction of hotels in important tourist sites: there are now hotels of all kindsfrom super luxurious ones to middle-range, three-star hotels, down to very primitive hotelsin most of the country’s important tourist venues
- daily life in Vietnam’s teeming cities, in its religious enclaves, and in its unique rural areas
- the meaning and relevance (semiotics) of commonplace objects in Vietnam, including Pho (a traditional soup that is often eaten for breakfast and is found everywhere in the country), conical straw hats, spring rolls, pith helmets, dong (Vietnamese currency), water puppetry, etc.
- important sites that tourists often visit, including the Ho Chi Minh museum, Ha Noi, the Cu Chi Tunnels, the unforgettable Cao Dai Cathedral at Tay Ninh, the Mekong Delta, and Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon)
- images of Vietnam created by travel writerswhat the tourist guidebooks have to say, and how they relate to the reality of the author’s personal experience in Vietnam
|Item Weight:||0.57 pounds|
|Item Size:||0.5 x 8.25 x 8.25 inches|
|Package Weight:||0.55 pounds|
|Package Size:||6 x 0.6 x 0.6 inches|